It’s getting real... and really REALLY exciting!
We’re just a couple weeks away from the Knit Stars Flagship Store Grand Opening, October 1-2.
Folks from all over the world are flying and road-tripping in. Including 10 of my favorite Knit Stars and dyeing Stars. We just found out Tina Tse is joining us too!
And the most important Star we hope will join us is YOU! ❤️
We understand that, with the pandemic and with life, you might not be able to make the in-person celebration.
So we’ve set up a way for you to experience the new Flagship store, right from your home 💗
Starting at 7pm Central on Tuesday, October 5th, we’re having a Virtual Grand Opening party. We’ll highlight all 24 new projects and exclusive yarns from the new LolaBean Hot Loops wall AND the new Loops Luxe Wall. And there will be door prizes, too!
Your ticket to the virtual event is just $25, and you’ll get a credit of $25 to use toward your online purchases that night.
Get your ticket for the virtual event here.
RSVP to the in-person event here.
What better way to commemorate a super-special occasion than with a super-special kit?! 😍
Our Knit Stars Grand Opening Celebration kit a party in a bag! We’ve set aside some special items that we expect to sell out during the in-person event…so our friends far and wide can have a chance at some of our most extra-special new goodies.
The kit will include:
- A new Knit Stars shopping tote
- A clear Knit Stars notions pouch
- A Knit Stars valet tray from Birdie Parker
- A Knit Stars nail file
- A skein of our new Loops Luxe Royal Light yarn, enough to make a gorgeous Effin Scarf
- A mini pattern “map” including the Effin Scarf and two other chic, easy patterns
- Size #13 24” circular needles to make your scarf
- A Knit Stars leather tab to adorn your new scarf or any handmade item
- A Knit the World Together bullet journal
- Sturdy, sharp scissors (who couldn’t use an extra pair of these, amiright?)
- Plus some extra surprises just for fun!
Click here to see more photos of the kit and to add it to your WISHLIST for when the kits go on sale in next week's Scoop.
Knit Stars Masterclass Tip
Steven Berg, the self-described "Glitter Knitter" from Knit Stars Season 2, has a library of knit tips in his brain. One of his best is a good stretchy cast-on. This technique is worth its weight in gold!
In this use-it-again-and-again tip from Knit Stars Season 2, Steven Berg shares a story from his Mama Christa wherein a little rabbit goes down a hole, under the back fence, and back home again in order to create a super stretchy cast on for your next project.
CLICK HERE to learn it in just a few minutes and put it to use in your knitting right away!
Margaret made "Boneyard Shawl" by Stephen West, with some modifications, using Neighborhood Fiber Capital Luxury Sport. Make your own using next-to-your-neck soft Malabrigo Caprino
You may recognize this face if you are a member of our Knit Stars Club. Margaret has been a club member and an active community morale booster since 2020.
Margaret jumped right into our Club community, sharing her beautiful work, her love of all things orange, and her helpful suggestions for other members who might be stuck on a technical issue. She is often one of the first to respond with a cheer to a new FO post and encouragement for her fellow members.
In a recent post, another member was feeling the heat from her impending steek and Margaret was there to back her up! “Relax, you'll be fine. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it. And ask for help here if you need to; folks here are always ready to give advice and support.”
Thanks Margaret, for supporting our mission to Knit the World Together!
This Bruschetta Pasta recipe is packed with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, and olive oil. It comes together in a mere 15 minutes with 6 ingredients and you don’t have to cook anything except the pasta! Perfect for those nights when you'd rather knit than cook.
- 8 oz. pasta any kind, see notes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves cut chiffonade or roughly chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes any kind
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Bring a heavily salted pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta (8 oz.) and cook according to directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, make the bruschetta. Add the minced garlic (2 cloves), olive oil (1/4 cup), balsamic vinegar (1 tablespoon), fresh basil (1/2 cup), chopped tomatoes (2 cups), and shredded parmesan cheese (1/2 cup), as well as 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 tablespoon black pepper to a large bowl. Mix together and set aside as the water boils and pasta cooks, stirring occasionally and allowing the flavors to marry.
- When the pasta has finished cooking to al dente, use a slotted spoon to transfer it directly from the pot to the bowl with the bruschetta.
- Mix everything together in the bowl and allow to sit for about 5 minutes to absorb the flavors and thicken a bit, stirring occasionally. Taste and season to taste if needed.
- Serve with extra basil, parmesan, and black pepper if desired.